Friday, June 18, 2010

THE EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM!


Chris May has tweeted that CBS-3 will hatch their plan in the next month or so to join FOX-29 on the 4:30 a.m. hour with "Eyewitness News". KYW will be the second in this market to bring news to their viewers at the earlier hour...a trend across the country to capture the ever-important advertiser dollar and important rating.
In addition, CBS-3 will revive their Saturday morning newscast they abandoned a year-and-a-half ago due to cost-cutting.
No word yet on Liz Keptner's replacement, let alone WRC-TV bound Doug Kammerer's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CBS3 is currently looking for a Morning Anchor, a Sports Anchor, and a reporter. I'm surprised that they aren't looking for a weather anchor.

Robert - 6abcFan said...

CBS3 (along with FOX29) needs to get their crew together! they need to be looking for 2 Meteorologists.
a "Morning&Noon Meteorologist" and a "Weekend Evening Meteorologist. Both positions seem to not have a steady position. Doug is a great member of the team and I enjoyed watching him when I could.

Anonymous said...

From what I read a week or so ago, KYW hired Justin Drabick on a part-time basis to cover the weekend night shifts. He's from the eastern shore of Maryland prior to here I think.

Robert - 6abcFan said...

I don't think they hired him. He is a free-lancer for the mean-time.

Anonymous said...

It's about time they bring back the Saturday Morning newscast. I have been forced to watch 6 and that Melissa weatherperson gets on my nerves

Robert - 6abcFan said...

Hey! I like Melissa Magee! How does she get on your nerves? Please explain

Anonymous said...

I hear now it will be Labor Day they start up at 4:30 as does Channel 6 now too.