Monday, November 8, 2010

"Philadelphia NonStop"

I wrote about the new digital channel being developed by NBC10 back in late July and the new station, PHILADELPHIA NONSTOP, debuted not long ago. I finally had the chance this past weekend to check it out and I must say, I like it!
Justin Pizzi hosts "The Scene" which is a look at the Philadelphia area's hottest things to do, places to go, etc. Another show I caught, hosted by Glenn Schwartz, was "Inside the Vault" where each show re-airs a show from the Channel 10 archives..maybe PIXANN or a newscast from yesteryear. I caught the 11 week show "LIVE on City Line" hosted by Matt Lauer and Sheila Allen Stephens. It was the show's last airing--boy--has Matt Lauer come a long way since those days so long ago.
The channel also airs a weeknight 7 p.m. newscast which I have not had the chance yet to watch, but, gives viewers a chance to catch the local news after the normal "dinner hour".
If you haven't checked it out--do so, at WCAU's digital 10.2 over the air or on Verizon or Comcast's systems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised that the 7 p.m. newscast is AN HOUR. I figured it would be 30 minutes. Good job 10. I dont get home from work till 6:30 so appreciate having a local news at the seven hour. I also have caught Out of the Vault a few times and really have enjoyed it too. Also like FOODIES that is done by Tim Furlong.

Anonymous said...

Seems like Justin Pizzi's FAT days have returned.